Wednesday 11 July 2012

Celebrations!!

It has been a week packed full of fun and laughter in my world as my family has been in celebration mode! The baby of my family had her 21st Birthday party(more like a banquet than a party really) last night which meant my lovely family spent the week crafting and cooking up a storm!I volunteered to do the dessert which for 26 people is no small feat! ( I realized this once I got started).

As I am sure you know if you follow us on facebook I love all things vintage which of course meant I had to add a bit of vintage flair to the dessert table. I decided some DIY bunting for the cake and cute wee flags for the cupcakes would be a perfect match for her enchanted forest theme! They are so so easy to make and make things that much more fab! All you need to do them is a masking sticker set,(I used pastel because it went with her theme) some tooth picks,2 sqewers and some twine. To make the flags just take a strip of masking sticker, these are pre-cut already which is handy. Fold it over the top of a toothpick pressing both the adhesive sides together. You can either leave it like that or cut a small triangle in the end to make it look more like a flag.





To make the bunting cut the twine length you would like, fold a strip of masking sticker over your twine,press both the adhesive sides together, then alternate between cutting a triangle in the strip and cutting the strip into a triangle. Wrap the twine around a skewer and you are done! So easy and super cute.


The night was a wonderful celebration of my little sister who I am so proud of and I'm pleased to report the dessert was a success.

My older sister (right) and I (left) in our enchanted forest masks
Aroha Nui Jess

1 comment: