Wednesday 18 July 2012

Christmas!!!!!

This blog is all about Christmas. "Christmas!" I hear you hear you splutter, we are only half way through the year! I have at least 4 more months before I have to think about that!

I suppose I am considered one of those "Christmasy" people - I love Christmas and all things (tastefully) related. I didn't really stand a chance to be honest as I have come from a Christmas obsessed?? family. From the time I was a young teenager our house was entirely decorated on the bottom floor (living room, lounge, conservatory, entrance way, hallway, and yes, even the kitchen), and open to the public to come and see. Many weekends my brother and I would get up late on Saturday morning and go down to breakfast only to be greeted by numerous strangers roaming about our house. Toasters, butter, spreads and cutlery then had to be stealthily smuggled upstairs and breakfast would be "enjoyed" on the floor of our parents room. Despite all this we actually all love it and enjoy opening our home up for others to come and see.



Its a family effort and everyone pitches in. We have our different set jobs each year. I am the chief Christmas tree decorator - which is no mean feat as we have 5 themed trees that need decorating - the tallest being 10foot! Even our kids have become involved and they thoroughly love crawling into the attic space and getting all the decorations out and running them up and down the 2 flights of stairs for us.  

I was talking to my Nana the other day and she said that she was making all her Christmas cards. I was surprised, but she said that she makes them every year in the winter when its all cold and crafting in front of the fire is the best thing you can do. I had to agree - all this cold weather and being cosy inside definitely makes me want to do crafty things to while away the evenings. So I thought I would have a look at all our Christmasy products and share them with everyone in case there are other like-minded crafters out here who are already on the Christmas train.  






These little stamp sets are super cute. Great for card making or scrapbooking. They come in a set of 8.




This is our new "Red Ribbon"  range of fabric fat quarters and fabric tape. They are the perfect Christmas colour combo and will make stunning decorations and crafts.










This mini Christmas bunting is made using our red gingham fabric tape. It sits perfectly along the top and just sticks together. You could even get away with no-sewing bunting if you wanted!





And of course you can't go past red and white twine for EVERYTHING Christmas. I have used so much of this on decorations, wrapping, tying, hanging... just about anything I can.
(Just so I don't scare you too much, I will wait until slightly closer to Christmas to show you how to make a stunning wee decoration using this twine.)


Until then, happy mid winter Christmas and happy crafting!
Leanne xoxo


2 comments:

  1. He Leanne, so cool to see this - thanks for sharing. What an amazing memory from childhood to have and then to keep that tradition and spirit going. Adds to the supreme magic of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne, I know what you mean. For me it is even more this way as I am from Germany and having Christmas in Summer is still different than having Christmas in Winter. I also feel quite like Christmas at the moment and try to do as many Christmas preparing already, cards, presents,... as Wintertime is my Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete