Sunday 17 June 2012

Meet the Vintage Girls



 Welcome to our Blog a long time coming but finally here!

We  thought it was about time we were properly introduced so here goes ...

I'm just a girl named Jess, married to a very tall lad named Matt, living in a little town called Christchurch. A youth worker by trade and a crafter by night, I’m enamoured by all things vintage.

An avid baker and amateur chef, I do my best to keep hubby well stuffed with sweet treats and savoury delights year round. On an ideal weekend you could find me rummaging through the racks at the local opp shops, hunting for that elusive floral bargain, or organising a vintage themed shindig for friends and family.

I love to spend my spare time creating and crafting. Aroha Vintage lets me share the joys of craft with like-minded people who just can’t stop sewing, stamping and gluing the world into a more beautiful place.

 

Im Alexis (lex) mother of  four (two boys 12 & 10 and two girls 7 & 2) and a wife of one for 13 years now.

 We have two International students that live with us and as well as Aroha Vintage I look after a 8month old baby 12 hours a week. So life for me and my house is never dull..which is how I like it! (most of the time)

 I love to cook. I hate to clean, fold washing (the mount everest in washing is sitting next to me as i type!) and doing the school run. I love church which is especially helpful when you are married to a Pastor..I stay up late, I get up early,..I think I'm funnier than I really am :)

.. I love my family, friends, coffee, scrabble and cake Actually food in general..In my spare time..ha ha I love to make and create (when I am not wasting my time pinning things on Pintrest to make & create). I love this thing Vintage and I love being able to work from home doing something that I am passionate about. I am blessed to be able to work with two of my good friends. I am excited about what is in store for our cool wee business and I look forward to getting to know as many of you as Possible!



Hi my name is Leanne. I am married to Scottie and have 2 boys and another one on the way. I work part time as a primary school teacher and spend the rest of my time doing all those things that mummies do.

When I get spare time I love doing crafty things. And buying beautiful fabrics that I kid myself that one day I will do something with. (The truth be told I have shelves of beautiful fabrics that I love to just look at and can't bear the thought of cutting up!) Aroha Vintage gives me a great excuse to buy even more gorgeous things to add to my stash for my viewing pleasure
As well as crafting myself, I love providing opportunities for others to be able to craft themselves. It is so rewarding seeing others get excited at what they could do and make with all the lovely supplies we have.

Church plays a big part in our lives as well as family and friends. We love to have fun and want to make the most of the precious times we get with our kids before they grow up all to fa
st.



 So this is us.. The Vintage Girls owners of Aroha Vintage

 So as you can see all three of us love to make things, pretty, vintage inspired things, we also like to shop for the afore mentioned pretty, vintage inspired things. However we found this shopping thing very hard after the events that happened in our city of Christchurch last year. Aroha Vintage Intially started with completley handmade wares however we found it hard to get good qualitly, reasonable priced craft supplies. It was and still is especially hard to find products to craft with so in our frustration we decided to import some super cute stuff that we adore and we hope you will too!


We each have a passion for making Crafting as easy and fun as possible, everyone can make pretty things we just want to make it as painfree and enjoyable as possible.

So this blog will be filled with our products and inspiration and tutorials from both us and others. We hope that you will come along for the ride as we enter this big wide world of online business.

Arohanui x






2 comments:

  1. Wow fantastic work you three! Great to read all about you and your shared passions! All the best for days of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girls!! I look forward to reading many more installments from you talented three :)

    ReplyDelete